Thursday, May 29, 2014

Goldie Locke and the Were Bears Series by Elizabeth A Reeves



I am sorry it's been so long since my last review but sadly real life doesn't always work out the way we would like and it's been a rough year so far but my love for books hasn't waned at all. I have been reading the whole time away and I should have lots of great reviews for you guys!

The Baehrly Series by Elizabeth A Reeves is great! It's a wonderful blend of fairy tale, urban landscape, romance, humour, and heart break. I was lucky enough to find the first book from free and quickly bought the others in the series as I just couldn't get enough. 

The writing isn't always the best and sometimes it looks like the editor maybe should have run it through the machine again but the story makes up for it. The world is interesting if typical, the magical world runs alongside ours though the non magical (called ordinaries) have no idea about it. There is a magical barrier between the our world and the world of faerie since the wars between the Fairies and the witches had gotten to the point where the innocent non magical people were being affected and it was the only way to end the war. 


Baehrly Breathing ~ Goldie Locke is adorable and fits it every step of the way in the series. A brilliant environmental lawyer, she secretly harbours a dream of giving it all up and starting a wildlife refuge for magical creatures, okay maybe it's not that big a secret since her home is already almost full and there's a dragon on it's way. But when she gets pulled into an investigation where the magical animals are going missing, she must fight to not only protect the animals she loves but to struggle with the ordinary who thinks she is nothing but a blonde ball of fluff. Even though she is pretty sure that she could take him in a sword fight. She struggles with her ex Kodi Baehr who is one of three brothers that she works for. She ended their relationship when he couldn't commit but now he just won't leave, making it awkward as she starts to develop feelings towards Donovan.  

I am including a link to a set of 4 books, now I have only read Baehrly breathing of this set, however it's only a $1 in the kindle set! 

However, if you have amazon prime then you can read the whole series for free on Amazon.com which is awesome! Not sure how long that will be for, but it's going on right now!

It's a 4 book series and I hope you get just as hooked as I did in the first book! Though I do have to mention that the 4th book of the series is the 6th book of the Cindy Eller series. The Cindy Eller series is actually what the author is known for and the two characters are sisters with many over lapping characters. I do have to mention that while reading the Cindy Eller books made me hungry and I really, really liked the first one, I wasn't in love with the rest of that series. It was okay but not great. I just found Cindy a little to dependent on her love interest. However you may love her! 

I can't wait to see what else Elizabeth Reeves has for us in the future! Definitely an author to watch and wait for! 





No comments:

Post a Comment