Friday, July 25, 2014

I, Morgana by Felicity Pulman


I saw this book on netgalley and I was so excited. I have a special spot for Arthurian legends. I loved the Mists of Avalon and I am always interested in seeing how different authors add their own spins to the tale. 
Unfortunately for me I wasn't in love with this retelling. 

I think she had some great details, Morgana and Lancelot, I liked that little added thing and some of the details of how Morgana struggled with what she had done when she was older. I actually liked the end of the book much better then the rest, though my main issue was with the middle. It's like Morgana just lost her inner voice, we stopped seeing the reason behind things. I just wasn't seeing that character development in the middle of the book. 

I sadly can't recommend this read, I am so sorry but I just don't suggest you pick this up. Hopefully the next read will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment