Sunday, October 26, 2014

Paradise Denied


Paradise Denied is a riveting tale of the horrors that people still face to gain freedom. I have been lucky to live in a first world country and though I didn't grow up wealthy it's the small things that I never really thought about that in the end mean the most. 

The story follows Zekerias Kebraeb as he begins his journey to freedom. Eritrea is a small country in Africa along the red sea. Once it was known for it's history and beauty and know it's known as one of the worst places to live in the world due to their human rights violations. The fear practically vibrates from the page as he describes the horrors of being rounded up to join a military that sucks in youth and eats it alive. 

The journey takes four years, and he is one of the lucky ones. Because ultimately he got away and lived and so many others never had that chance. 

I find myself struggling with the words to convey how much this book genuinely moved me. I can only imagine the strength and determination it would take to live through what this young man lived through. I am sure the scars still linger in his mind. 

The book will be released on November 10th, I definitely recommend picking it up. It's awe inspiring what this young man lived through and shows just how lucky we are and just how far the human race still has to go. 

Here is the link so you can grab/pre-order the book

And here is the link to a facebook page about hopefully helping make this country better for everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment