Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Dare to Kiss by S.B. Alexander



Lacey Robinson has had her world flipped upside down. Just when everything was going right she lost her sister and mother in a brutal home break in. The world fell apart as she lost herself in the violence of that night and watched her dreams slowly drift away. 

A year later she has moved far away from her past with her father as she tries to get a handle on her PTSD. A new state, a new school, and a new chance to play baseball. A chance to recapture her dream of playing in the major leagues.

Unfortunately the team captain has other ideas about a girl on his team. And then she meets Kade Maxwell, a complication that Lacey isn't sure she can handle right now. The Maxwell's aren't great about taking no for an answer and they start looking out for Lacey as things get worse. Is Kade strong enough to handle Lacey's nightmares and fits and gentle enough to heal her soul?

I liked this book! It was good. The action moved smoothly, the dialogue was fairly witty. The way the author handled PTSD was really amazing. She handled it with care and sensitivity while showing just how debilitating it can be. It's hard work to continue living after something so horrific and S.B. Alexander handles it excellently. She has dealt with PTSD herself, which may explain why she writes it so well. 

The only thing I didn't like was that the sex scenes were pretty ... intense which was a little strange for me given that the characters were under 18. It could have just been weird for me since I am over 30 and it's weird to read about teenagers going at it. I just look for dialogue on those pages and flip over them so it's not too bad.  

So I have something exciting this time! I have a book trailer here! So if you click on the link it will take you over to YouTube so you can watch it!

I am also going to include the link to the author's website so you can check her out and some of her other books! She is definitely worth checking out.

Of course I am going to include the Amazon link for you! It was just released on September 30th and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!



No comments:

Post a Comment